Photoshop CS6 Tutorial:
CAPTURE the Colors of Fall: How to add texture and depth to enhance your FALL images with more dimension and color.
Our AFTER image LOOKS GREAT by adding a little texture and depth to the background. Here is how we did it: add background texture to create depth and richer hues.
The BEFORE image below was lacking something…..
Photoshop CS6 Tutorial: add background texture to create depth.
- Open image in Photoshop
- Got to Layer>New Fill Layer>Pattern click ok.
- Choose a pattern. I used a horizontal striped jean pattern.
- Change blending mode of pattern to soft light.
- Adjust opacity of pattern layer to +- 70%.
- The pattern will cover the entire image.
- Click on the pattern’s layer mask. Using a black paint brush, paint away the pattern from the important elements in your foreground.